There are several types of puppets in Indonesia in addition to the puppet show which originated from Indonesia, which is:
- Wayang Kulit (Shadow Puppet), made of cow leather or calf, generally taking the story from the Mahabharata and Ramayana manuscript. The story of the Ramayana and Mahabharata stories prototype is played by a puppeteer. Puppet show is more popular in central and eastern Java.
- Wayang orang/ Wayang Wong (Puppet human), puppet is played by people, who also tells the story of Ramayana and Mahabharata.
- Wayang Golek (Wooden Doll Puppet) are marionette puppets often made ??of mahogany with the same performance like other puppets, but it is not only tells the story of the Ramayana and Mahabharata, but also with clown servants characters. Funny and make allusions to the government. Accompanied by gamelan music.
- Wayang Klitik (Klitik puppets), puppets made of mahagony wood, constructed similarly to wayang kulit figures. Klitik name was created because of the sound generated by the friction between the puppets are made from wood. Unlike the puppet show that is similar to the dolls, puppets klitik shaped like a flat leather puppets. Klitik puppets stories taken from the cycle of stories Panji and Damarwulan. Gamelan is also used to accompany the puppet show, although different for a certain instruments.
- Wayang Beber, puppets made of cloth roll and unroll the mastermind, drove it and telling scenes in the reels. Named for a puppet beber sheet (explanation) that formed the cast of characters in the story of Mahabharata and Ramayana puppet either. This puppet show is still growing in certain areas on the island of Java.
Indonesian Puppet Show in english Language: